Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Final Assessment

Plan

http://www.lexieskitchen.com/lexies_kitchen/2011/12/7/chocolate-pomegranate-clusters.html
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/mixed-berries-and-banana-smoothie-recipe.html

What I am making
  • Chocolate Pomegranate Cluster
  • Sushi
  • Smoothie

Sushi

  • Cucumber Sushi
  • Salmon Sushi
  • Kitsune Brown Rice
  • Panda Hand Made Rice
Ingredients:

  • Salmon
  • Rice
  • Sushi Kit
  • Cucumber
  • Kitsune
  • Seaweed
  • Wasabi
  • Soysauce

Chocolate Pomegranate Clusters


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of dark chocolate or gluten free, dairy free, soy free chocolate
  • 1 pomergranate
  • Strawberry Yogurt dip

Directions:
  1. Cut pomegranate into quarters
  2. Place the pomegranates in a large bowl of water and soak it for 5 minutes
  3. Break the pomegranate apart under water
  4. Remove rinds and membranes
  5. Remove the seeds and place it on a paper towel lined plate and press gently with more paper towels to make it completely dry

  1. Line a mini muffin pan with 20 mini muffin cups/liners.
  2. Pour chocolate chips into a heavy duty zip top bag
  3. Shake it down to one corner
  4. Place it in the microwave and heat in 15-20 seconds intervals, removing each time to knead
  5. Continue until the chocolate is smooth
  6. Squeeze all the chocolate down to one corner
  7. Snip off a tiny corner to make a piping bag
  8. Layer Chocolate then Pomegranate
  9. Repeat until you used everything


Smoothie

Ingredients:
  • Blueberry
  • Blackberry
  • Strawberry
  • Ice
  • Banana

Method:
  1. Remove all strawberry stems
  2. Put all ingredients in the blender
  3. Add ice to make the drink cool
  4. Pour drink into a Mason Jar
  5. Add a strawberry for design and use a cute straw

Practical Planning Sheet - Time Plan




Balancing out everything

Ingredients list







Equipment


Nutrition Program Analysis


How could you make it healthier?


I would try to lessen the chocolate because it has a lot of sugar in it which made the 'meal' unhealthy. To lessen the chocolate I could replace the chocolate with frozen yogurt, to make a frozen yogurt pomegranate cluster.

Final Product









Since I already practiced the sushi twice, once at home before the rice assessment and once at school, I decided to just prepare and get everything ready for the sushi instead of make it. I made the chocolate pomegranate at home because I wasn't sure how to properly make it and how it was going to turn out and if it turned out bad I could easily change it before the assessment.  I couldn't make the smoothie at home because my blender was broken.

In the beginning, I wasn't so sure about making the chocolate pomegranate because I didn't think that it would go well together so before my assessment I made a small batch of chocolate pomegranates and tried it. When I first tried it, I was shocked because it actually went well together because the dark chocolate gave it some sweetness and the pomegranate had a pop in it. Mr. Lord said when he took a bite of the cluster the pomegranate "exploded" in his mouth and I was very happy when he said that. Many of my friends loved the pomegranate, but they mostly liked my sushi because the rice had a lot of flavour in it. If I could do this assessment again what I would do to make it better was to add biscuits and more pomegranates to the clusters so I could reduce the amount of chocolate to make it healthier, and maybe I could add a bit of yogurt. My strengths in this assessment was making the sushi because, when I was young I always made sushi for my parents and friends so I had a lot of practice in making that. I think my weakness was the time management for cleaning up because while I was making everything I didn't have anytime to clean up until the end which took a while. I was pretty organised because I brought all my ingredients for the assessment and I even had my time plan and recipe to make the chocolate pomegranate.

1 comment:

  1. Very impressive - well done

    How will you get rid of the red traffic light for sugar?

    ReplyDelete